Over the last few years, a number of options to buy cheap, online glasses has arisen. For many, this has made the process of buying glasses a lot more affordable. This seems like a great deal, no? What could be wrong? Actually, quite a few things. Our opticians have seen a number of patients who have stopped buying them online for the following reasons.
What are the issues with buying cheap, online glasses?
- Getting the prescription correct is not always a given. This is especially true when there is astigmatism or a high prescription. When buying in our offices, however, we’ll fix any mistakes and make sure the prescription is spot on.
- What about repairs? If the glasses break, most online stores say, too bad. We are always happy to fix the glasses.
- What about the coating? With cheap, anti-glare coatings and the like, they typically rub off within a few weeks, leaving the glasses easier to get scratches.
- Will they include a warranty? Most designer frames include at least a year warranty, whereas online stores don’t have at all.
- It’s important to support the local businesses in your neighborhood 🙂
While buying your glasses online can often be a cheaper, easier solution. Breaks and fixes can end up costing a lot as well. That is why it’s always a good idea to shop locally.